Alasdair Kan is an associate in Akin Gump's Hong Kong office.
- Advises international corporate clients on U.S. international trade laws and regulations.
- Handles investigations regarding violations of export control law and sanctions programs.
Alasdair Kan focuses his practice on U.S. international trade law and policy. He advises international clients on the extra-territorial impact of U.S. international trade law, including export control laws and economic sanctions. Alasdair also handles investigations regarding violations of U.S. export control laws and sanctions programs.
- Advising multinational companies in relation to their designation on U.S. restricted party lists.
- Conducting internal investigations for international technology companies regarding potential violations of U.S. export control law and sanctions programs.
- Assisting in obtaining export authorization for items controlled under U.S. law.
- Developing export compliance programs and drafting related training materials.