- Practice focuses on U.S. and international sanctions, export controls and customs.
- Significant experience conducting internal investigations and advising on compliance and licensing issues.
Andrew Schlossberg advises U.S. and international clients on complying with a wide range of international trade laws and regulations, with a particular emphasis on economic sanctions, export controls and import laws. Andrew also has significant experience helping clients evaluate and improve their compliance programs, handling pre- and post-acquisition due diligence, and conducting internal investigations.
- Advised multinational companies in a variety of sectors—including shipping, consulting, oil and gas, apparel, financial services, investment funds, aerospace and defense, and logistics—on compliance with economic sanctions laws, as administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and the U.S. Department of State, and export control laws under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Conducted internal investigations for multinational companies and drafting voluntary disclosures related to compliance with U.S. sanctions, export controls and customs laws.
- Drafted license applications to OFAC on behalf of clients to enable business operations affected by U.S. sanctions.
- Conducted due diligence and risk assessments related to sanctions, export controls and anticorruption compliance.
- Developed company-specific policies, procedures and training materials to safeguard against trade-related risks.
Public Service and Affiliations