Andrey Y. Kulikov’s practice focuses on international finance, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters.
Mr. Kulikov has advised both Russian and foreign clients on project financing, local and cross-border acquisitions and establishment of joint ventures. His experience covers a number of industry sectors, including oil and gas, banking and telecommunication industries.
Practice & Background
Mr. Kulikov rejoined Akin Gump after working as an in-house lawyer for a foreign subsidiary of a major Russian bank, prior to which he worked in Akin Gump’s Washington, D.C. office.
Mr. Kulikov’s engagements include advising:
- foreign purchasers on the acquisition of a 25+ percent. stake in a major Russian real estate developer
- a leading Chinese bank on structuring financing to and security from a Russian borrower
- a large Russian real estate developer on obtaining mezzanine financing from a European bank
- a leading Russian oil and gas company on the acquisition of a fuel refilling complex
- a large Indian energy company on its participation in a coal mining joint venture in Sakhalin
- a Russian investor on the acquisition of a joint venture stake in a heavily indebted, partially constructed office complex in Moscow
- Russian founder-shareholders on the sale of a 51 percent stake in electronic payments business
- the founders of a company that designs, manufactures and distributes power and data cables for railway rolling stock in connection with the sale of a 60% interest to a strategic investor and related shareholders’ agreement.