Arsen A. Khachikyan focuses on real estate, corporate law, customs and commercial law issues.
Practice & Background
Prior to joining Akin Gump, Mr. Khachikyan was a paralegal in the Moscow office of an international law firm.
Mr. Khachikyan’s engagements include:
- representing a leading Russian development and investment company in the due diligence and acquisition of the “Aura”, major shopping mall in Novosibirsk (Russia)
- representing a leading Russian insurance company in connection with the 100% sale of “Galereya Akter”, office building in the center of Moscow (conducting vendor due diligence, preparing the transaction documentation). This deal was recognized as one of the major deals in the retail property industry in 2012
- representing a leading real estate development and investment company in due diligence and acquisition of numerous buildings in the centre of Moscow for redevelopment purposes
- conducting due diligence of numerous land plots in the Moscow and other regions within the projects of acquisition and development
- preparing real estate part in complex due diligence of large aviation oil trader
- preparing real estate part in complex due diligence of a Russian oil company
- representing clients in preparing retail, office and warehouse lease agreements (both for tenants and landlords)
- representing the major office developer in its IPO (real estate support)
- reviewing and amending franchise agreements for a major hotel brand with regard to hotel construction in the Moscow region
- providing due diligence report with regard to the real estate assets of a large glass factory as part of its debt financing project
- assisting in providing legal support on other real estate transactions