- Handles high-stakes, complex commercial disputes in state and federal courts and arbitrations throughout the country.
- Advises financial services companies and their service providers regarding cutting-edge consumer lending and insurance issues.
Ashley Crawford represents clients in consumer and securities class actions, enforcement actions, false claims litigation, and a broad range of insurance and other business disputes. Her clients include financial services providers; private equity and hedge funds; and other health, energy and entertainment companies.
- Won fraud, breach-of-contract and indemnification claims against a Fortune 500 financial services company in a more than six-month bench trial. Successfully recouped the client’s multimillion-dollar settlement and attorney’s fees from a mass-plaintiff tort suit alleging that it was liable for damages its employees allegedly suffered as a result of investment advice they received from broker-dealer representatives licensed by a former seminar provider for the company.
- Represented a consumer lending company and its principals in a series of class actions and dozens of arbitrations alleging that the company and individuals were not properly licensed and violated usury caps under various state lending laws.
- Represented a lead aggregation/generation company in a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau enforcement action alleging that the company’s failure to properly supervise the activities of the third-party lending companies to which it sold leads was unfair and abusive under the Consumer Financial Protection Act.
- Defended a supplier of modular refineries in a contract and tort dispute alleging faulty construction of a commercial-sized biodiesel plant.
- In a class action lawsuit and related litigation, represented an insurance company against allegations that the company’s representatives improperly recommended that public employees transfer out of a state-run pension program and into the insurance company’s annuity within the state’s defined contribution plan.
Public Service and Affiliations