- Represents financial services companies.
- Handles class action litigation, arbitration proceedings, enforcement actions and other disputes.
Ashley Crawford represents financial services companies, including insurance carriers, consumer lenders and their service providers, in a broad range of complex legal disputes. She regularly advises clients on a variety of insurance issues.
- Advised an insurance company in a mass-plaintiff tort suit alleging the company’s liability for damages that employees allegedly suffered as a result of investment advice that they received from broker-dealer representatives licensed by a former seminar provider for the company.
- Represented a consumer lending company and its principals in a series of class actions and arbitrations alleging that the company and individuals were not properly licensed and violated usury caps under California lending laws.
- Counseled a lead aggregation/generation company in a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) enforcement action alleging that the company’s failure to properly supervise the activities of the third-party lending companies to which it sold leads was unfair and abusive under the Consumer Financial Protection Act.
- Assisted a supplier of modular refineries in a contract and tort dispute alleging faulty construction of a commercial-sized biodiesel plant.
- In a class action lawsuit and related litigation, represented an insurance company against allegations that the company’s representatives improperly recommended that public employees transfer out of a state-run pension program and into the insurance company’s annuity within the state’s defined contribution plan.