- Advises on tax issues related to complex transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity, project finance, and financial restructuring.
Brandon Morris focuses his practice on the tax aspects of financial restructuring, mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance.
- Providing tax advice to an ad hoc group of noteholders in connection with the restructuring of Templar Energy LLC, an independent exploration and production company with a core focus in the high-yield, rich natural gas- and oil-producing formations in Western Oklahoma and the Texas panhandle.
- Represented an ad hoc group of first lien lenders for True Religion Apparel, Inc., on tax aspects of a $471 million restructuring.
- Advised a public company on preserving its net operating losses, including performing a section 382 analysis and revising a poison pill clause.
- Advised a media client on tax structuring of the acquisition and disposition of various newspapers and other investments.
Public Service and Affiliations