- More than 25 years of legal, policy and advocacy experience in Washington.
- Has been active in Democratic politics for more than two decades.
Charlie Johnson represents clients before Congress and the executive branch on a diverse set of policy matters, with an emphasis on automotive, congressional investigations, energy, environmental and international trade issues. Charlie also provides strategic counsel on major corporate transactions, as federal policy makers review their potential legal, regulatory and policy implications.
- Advised a client regarding the legal, policy and political implications of a major proposed U.S. natural resource development project.
- Advised a client pursuing economic relief under international arbitration provisions of a U.S. free trade agreement.
- Advised a client in developing U.S. policy maker interest, support and advocacy for amendments to an offshore concessions agreement.
- Advised a client responding to a major federal investigation and enforcement proceeding.
- Analyzed and conveyed perspectives regarding potential national security implications of a proposed corporate transaction.
Public Service and Affiliations