Christhy Vidal advises private equity investors and public companies on mergers and acquisitions and financing transactions.
Practice & Background
Ms. Vidal has experience in negotiating and structuring domestic and cross-border acquisition transactions (including mergers, stock purchases and asset acquisitions), and equity and debt financings. Ms. Vidal also structures fund and investment vehicles in emerging markets. As a member of the firm’s India practice, Ms. Vidal regularly counsels clients investing into, and operating in, India.
Ms. Vidal received her B.A. magna cum laude in politics and Spanish in 1997 from Fairfield University, where she was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. She was a Fulbright Scholar in Argentina from 1997 to 1998. Ms. Vidal received her J.D. in 2001 from Harvard Law School, where she served as editor-in-chief of the Harvard Latino Law Review and as a deputy editor of the Harvard International Law Journal.
Ms. Vidal’s recent transactional representations include advising:
- a private equity client on a three-tranche equity investment in an Argentine biodiesel plant
- an international restaurant company on the sale of a national fast-food franchise
- an operating subsidiary of a public utility holding company on a $1 billion shelf offering of debt securities
- a nonprofit organization with more than $100 million in assets on its corporate restructuring
- a public media company on multiple asset sales in connection with chapter 11 proceedings.