- Represents public companies in transactions, reporting and compliance, and board of directors-related matters.
- For more than three decades, has advised oil and gas companies through volatile markets and changing regulatory climates.
- Consistently recognized by leading rankings publications.
- Senior partner of the Houston office.
Chris LaFollette is a transactional energy lawyer who provides a range of advice to issuers, investors and underwriters in public offerings and private placements of equity and debt securities. She also counsels master limited partnerships (MLP) and provides advice regarding federal and state securities laws.
- Advised SRC Energy, Inc. in its $1.7 billion strategic combination with PDC Energy, Inc.
- Represented Cimarex Energy Co. in its $1.6 billion acquisition of Resolute Energy Corporation.
- Negotiated on behalf of a joint venture partner in a divestiture of an energy asset. The transaction was valued at $1.825 billion and involved several parties and a tight time frame.
- In an MLP transaction between a partnership and a sponsor, assisted with an energy-related acquisition valued at $2 billion.
- Guided an oil and gas exploration and production company with operations in Oklahoma, Texas and New Mexico through a public registered offering of senior notes, as well as a tender offer for other senior notes. The financings totaled $15 billion and greatly reduced the cost of the client’s long-term debt.
Public Service and Affiliations