Daniel H. Golden is the partner in charge of Akin Gump’s New York office and co-chair of its global financial restructuring practice group.
Practice & Background
A financial restructuring attorney focusing on corporate restructurings and bankruptcies for over 30 years, Mr. Golden has a renowned practice primarily representing creditors’ committees and bondholder committees in large, complex out-of-court restructurings and chapter 11 cases. He acted as lead counsel for creditors/bondholders committees and/or the leading activist creditor in many of the country’s largest and highest-profile restructurings and chapter 11 cases. In addition, he has represented numerous corporate debtors and acquirers of distressed companies and/or their assets. Mr. Golden has been frequently recognized as one of the country’s leading financial restructuring attorneys in publications.
Mr. Golden lectures frequently on a variety of bankruptcy topics before bar associations and professional organizations.
Mr. Golden’s recent and other notable restructuring representations include the following:
- NII Holdings, Inc.
- Residential Capital LLC
- Sabine Oil & Gas Corporation
- Overseas Shipholding Group
- Loral Space & Communications
- Hayes Lemmerz
- XO Communications
- Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products
- Hillsborough Holdings
Awards & Accolades
Mr. Golden has been frequently recognized as one of the country’s leading financial restructuring attorneys. Such recognition includes:
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2016-2017
- 2014 Professor Lawrence P. King Award by the Bankruptcy and Reorganization Group of UJA-Federation of New York’s Lawyers Division
- The Best Lawyers in America
- The International Who’s Who of Insolvency & Restructuring Lawyers
- The Who’s Who Legal: Insolvency & Restructuring,2014-2016
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, 2015-2016
- Legal 500 US recommends Daniel Golden in Finance – Corporate Restructuring (including bankruptcy) (2016)
- Legal 500 US: Leading Lawyer (2016).
- Spoke at the American Bankruptcy Institute’s Mid-Level Professional Development Program on October 28, 2011, in New York
- Participated in a panel discussion presenting a case study on the Tribune Company bankruptcy proceedings
- New York Metro Super Lawyers