- Focuses on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity transactions.
- Has advised on a number of multi-billion-dollar cross-border transactions in the energy and telecom sectors in Europe, Asia, Africa, South America and the United States.
David Sewell is an English lawyer who concentrates on cross-border corporate transactions. He has a particular focus on the energy and telecoms sectors, and specializes in high value cross-border deals.
- Advised Bridas on the formation of the largest privately owned integrated energy company in Argentina through the combination of Bridas and BP plc’s interests in Pan American Energy, Argentina’s second largest producer of oil and gas, and Bridas’ interest in refiner and marketer Axion Energy.
- Represented USM, a leader in the Russian-speaking Internet market in the sale of its stake in Mail.Ru to MegaFon for $740 million.
- Acted for VEON in relation to the $2.6 billion disposal by its Egyptian-listed subsidiary Global Telecom Holding of a 51 percent stake in Omnium Telecom Algeria to the Algerian National Investment Fund.
- Counseled VEON in relation to MegaFon’s acquisition of a
50 percent stake in Russian mobile retailer Euroset for $1.2 billion.
- Advised Bridas on its agreement to acquire joint venture partner BP plc’s stake in Pan American Energy for $7.059 billion (one of The Wall Street Journal’s Deal Journal Most Important M&A Deals of 2010).