- Serves as a trusted advisor on a range of compliance, fiduciary and general business issues.
- Litigates complex commercial and securities disputes.
- Assists with internal investigations and investigations related to regulatory inquiries.
Doug Rappaport is a litigator focusing on complex commercial and securities disputes. In recent years, he has served as counsel in trials involving disputes over secured assets, partnership interests, securities fraud, breaches of fiduciary duty, trade secrets, options backdating, tax appraisals and the fraudulent sale of securities. Doug has won numerous dispositive motions and appeals in both state and federal court. On a daily basis, Doug advises clients on matters of regulatory compliance and corporate governance. He also provides advice on activist investing issues, devising strategies regarding the solicitation of board seats, the displacement of existing corporate management and contests for corporate control.
- Advised an investment fund through trial in a case alleging breach of fiduciary duty in connection with a shareholder dispute.
- Represented activist investors in enjoining an announced merger of a public company with a company controlled by an interested insider.
- Represented an investment fund in connection with an action involving securities claims stemming from alleged misrepresentations in connection with the exchange rate on warrants.
- Defended an activist investor against a federal action taken by a public company prior to its annual meeting to prevent the client’s candidacy for the company’s board of directors.
- Represented multiple hedge funds in insider trading investigations by the SEC in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and numerous other jurisdictions.
Public Service and Affiliations