- Tax planning for distressed, insolvent and bankrupt companies and their creditors.
- Tax planning advice to clients on business transactions.
- Counsels exempt organizations.
Howard Jacobson advises clients on the tax consequences of:
- Financial restructuring and bankruptcy reorganizations
- Taxable and tax-free stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions
- Partnership and limited liability formations and transactions
- Public and private offerings of equity and debt
- Real estate investments
- American Indian tribal and member taxation
- Executive compensation.
- Retail industry restructurings, including Sears, Nine West, Payless and True Religion.
- Communications companies, including iHeart Media, Cumulus Media, Tribune, Lightsquared and Ion Media.
- Energy companies, including Energy Future Holdings , Longview Power, Endeavour, Templar Energy, SunEdison and Rex Energy.
- Coal industry cases.
- Washington Mutual, and other bank holding company cases.
Public Service and Affiliations