- Focuses on defense of consumer and data privacy class actions and product liability cases.
- Handles cases involving unfair business practices, false advertising laws, data privacy laws and product liability.
Hyongsoon Kim has deep experience in defending in complex commercial litigation including, in particular, complex and high-value class action matters and product liability cases. He has gained a reputation for innovative legal tactics and efficient results for clients. He has achieved multiple denials of class certification, as well as dismissals at the pleadings stage and through motions for summary judgment.
- Defense of both private and public clients in numerous class actions involving federal, state and common law privacy claims arising out of alleged collection and transmission of personally identifiable information.
- Represented a national veterinary hospital chain in a consumer fraud class action arising out of labeling and sales, resulting in a grant of summary judgment and dismissal of the action.
- Represented multiple electronics brands in separate consumer class actions in California and New Jersey state court in relation to the labeling of televisions, resulting in dismissals of each action.
- Act as California counsel for national vehicle manufacturer in product liability cases involving allegations of catastrophic injury.
- Representation of national diagnostic laboratory chain in an antitrust class action.