- Focuses on defense of consumer and data privacy class actions.
- Handles cases involving unfair business practices, false advertising laws and data privacy laws.
Hyongsoon Kim has deep experience in defending in complex commercial litigation, in particular, class action matters. He has gained a reputation for innovative legal tactics and efficient results for clients. He has achieved multiple denials of class certification, as well as dismissals at the pleadings stage and through motions for summary judgment.
- Advised a major global television brand in a consumer class action concerning alleged misrepresentations involving the energy efficiency of certain televisions, resulting in a complete dismissal of the action at the pleadings stage.
- Advised a national veterinary hospital chain in a consumer fraud class action arising out of labeling and sales, resulting in a grant of summary judgment and dismissal of the action.
- Represented nationally recognized electronics manufacturers in multiple consumer class actions regarding allegations of digital data collection and the sufficiency of the manufacturers’ privacy policies and related disclosures.
- Represented multiple electronics brands in separate consumer class actions in California and New Jersey state court in relation to the labeling of televisions, resulting in dismissals of each action.
- Represented several major grocery store chains in a multimillion-dollar putative class action lawsuit arising out of alleged food product mislabeling. The outcome was a denial of class certification and subsequent voluntary dismissal of the litigation.