Iain Wood is a partner in the firm’s corporate practice.
Practice & Background
Mr. Wood has extensive experience in representing companies and private equity funds on transactional matters and other complex business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, venture capital/private equity investments, divestitures of subsidiaries and business segments, distressed M&A transactions,and other strategic transactions across a broad range of industries. In addition, Mr. Wood also has significant experience representing hedge funds, private equity funds and other investment funds and lenders in the corporate, securities and transactional aspects of restructurings, including chapter 11 reorganizations, out-of-court restructurings and exchange offers.
Mr. Wood is also a member of the working group that compiles the widely- recognized “Deal Points Study,” a study of negotiated M&A terms that has been adopted by the Committee on Mergers and Acquisitions of the American Bar Association.
Mr. Wood has represented clients in a variety of matters, including:
Private Equity and Investment Funds
- a private equity fund in connection with its minority investment in a water appliance and water treatment business
- a private equity fund in connection with its auction of, and subsequent sale of, an international water treatment business to another private equity fund
- a private equity fund portfolio company’s sale of its Canadian zinc oxide business resulting in the largest supplier of zinc oxide in North America
- a group of private equity and hedge funds in their acquisition, through a chapter 11 process, of a leading manufacturer of tank head and tank head accessories, engineered, specialty alloy, open die forgings, and aluminum cases, molded plastic cases, enclosures, and assemblies
- a private equity fund in its acquisition through an exchange of debt for equity of a manufacturer of energy efficient lighting materials and finished products
- a private equity fund in connection with a comprehensive debt and equity transaction involving the world’s leading in-store media solutions company
- a private equity fund in connection with its auction of, and subsequent sale of, an international producer of several of the world’s leading table top sweeteners to another private equity fund
- a media company in connection with its auction and subsequent sale to a private equity fund
- a private equity fund in connection with the sale of a division of a portfolio company providing alarm system sales, installation, repair, maintenance and monitoring services to residential customers
- a private equity fund in a series of acquisitions in furtherance of a “buy and build” strategy in the industrial distribution space
- a private equity fund in its acquisition of a leading importer and distributor of fine wines and spirits and a related add-on acquisition of a regional distributor of fine wines
- a leading automotive collision repair company in its sale to a private equity fund
Mergers and Acquisitions
- a NASDAQ-listed ready-mixed concrete and aggregate products company in numerous acquisitions throughout the United States
- a NYSE-listed technology company in its acquisition of a leading provider of software-as-a-service solutions for remote-service management
- a provider of water transfer services in the natural gas industry in the sale of its assets to an energy company
- a subsidiary of a NYSE-listed pharmaceutical company in the acquisition of a Canadian specialty pharmaceutical services company
- a subsidiary of a NYSE-listed pharmaceutical company in the acquisition of a leading provider of pharmaceutical brand services, applied health outcomes and biopharma strategies
- a leading national provider of integrated borrower communications to the mortgage, consumer banking and automobile finance industries in its auction and subsequent sale
- one of the largest providers of rural wireless broadband in the United States in its auction and subsequent sale of its assets to several buyers
- a commercial real estate service provider in the sale of all of its assets
- a provider of innovative Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) sales and use tax solutions
- a NYSE-listed steel company in numerous acquisitions and dispositions for its various divisions, including its recycling, steelmaking, fabrication and distribution divisions
- a NYSE-listed distributor of wireless products in the sale of substantially all of its U.S. and Mexico assets
- an integrated front door marketing company in its sale of senior subordinated debt
- a leading Beijing-based online social networking provider in several venture capital financings
- a leading Beijing-based online video provider in several venture capital financings.