Iain Wood is a partner in the firm’s corporate practice.
Practice & Background
Mr. Wood has significant experience in representing companies and private equity firms on transactional matters and other complex business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, venture capital/private equity investments, divestitures of subsidiaries and business segments, distressed M&A transactions, reorganizations, and other strategic transactions across a broad range of industries.
Mr. Wood is also a member of the working group that compiles the widely- recognized “Deal Points Study,” a study of negotiated M&A terms that has been adopted by the Committee on Mergers and Acquisitions of the American Bar Association.
Mr. Wood has represented clients in a variety of matters, including:
Private Equity and Investment Funds
- a private equity fund in a series of acquisitions in furtherance of a “buy and build” strategy in the industrial distribution space
- a private equity fund in its acquisition of a leading importer and distributor of fine wines and spirits and a related add-on acquisition of a regional distributor of fine wines
- a leading automotive collision repair company in its sale to a private equity fund
- a US subsidiary of Taiwan publicly-listed distributor of after-market automotive parts in its sale to a private equity fund
Mergers and Acquisitions
- a NYSE-listed food and beverage company in a series of acquisitions and dispositions of dairy assets
- a NYSE-listed technology company in its acquisition of a leading provider of software-as-a-service solutions for remote-service management
- a provider of water transfer services in the natural gas industry in the sale of its assets to an energy company
- a subsidiary of a NYSE-listed pharmaceutical company in the acquisition of a Canadian specialty pharmaceutical services company
- a subsidiary of a NYSE-listed pharmaceutical company in the acquisition of a leading provider of pharmaceutical brand services, applied health outcomes and biopharma strategies
- a leading national provider of integrated borrower communications to the mortgage, consumer banking and automobile finance industries in its auction and subsequent sale
- one of the largest providers of rural wireless broadband in the United States in its auction and subsequent sale of its assets to several buyers
- a commercial real estate service provider in the sale of all of its assets
- a provider of innovative Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) sales and use tax solutions
- a NYSE-listed steel company in numerous acquisitions and dispositions for its various divisions, including its recycling, steelmaking, fabrication and distribution divisions
- a NYSE-listed distributor of wireless products in the sale of substantially all of its U.S. and Mexico assets
- an integrated front door marketing company in its sale of senior subordinated debt
- a leading Beijing-based online social networking provider in several venture capital financings
- a leading Beijing-based online video provider in several venture capital financings.