- Practice focuses on corporate restructurings and bankruptcy law with an emphasis on official and informal creditor groups.
- More than 20 years of experience advising on contentious and non-contentious restructuring matters in a range of industries.
James Savin represents official and informal committees of creditors (secured and unsecured), debtors, debtor-in-possession lenders and acquirers of businesses and assets in large, complex Chapter 11 cases and out-of-court restructurings. His restructuring matters encompass a wide variety of industries and often involve multijurisdictional and cross-border issues.
- Represented an ad hoc group of first lien lenders of Pacific Drilling S.A. in the company’s second chapter 11 cases in an effort to restructure $1 billion in debt.
- Advised an ad hoc group of first lien lenders of Foresight Energy LP.
- Advised debtor Sanchez Energy Corporation.
- Represented the informal group of creditors of Parker Drilling Company.
- Represented the informal group of secured noteholders of CHC Group Ltd.