Jasdeep Rai (Jaz) practices in the corporate group, focusing on mergers and acquisitions, public takeovers, private equity transactions, equity capital markets and the corporate aspects of domestic and cross-border corporate and financial transactions.
Practice & Background
Ms. Rai joined Akin Gump in 2015, having previously been an associate in the London office of a leading U.S. law firm and, prior to this, having completed her training contract at a “magic circle” law firm. Ms. Rai was admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2014.
Ms. Rai received her LL.B. from the London School of Economics in 2011, and subsequently received a distinction in the accelerated Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in 2012.
Ms. Rai’s experience includes:
- acting for a U.K. public company, as target, on a public takeover by way of a scheme of arrangement
- acting for a U.S. fund manager and its Guernsey fund, as issuer, on a $2 billion IPO, placing it with professional investors and listing it on Euronext Amsterdam
- advising a private equity firm on a competitive auction process
- advising issuers and underwriters on numerous debt and equity capital markets transactions
- providing ongoing corporate governance advice to various clients
- advising on the corporate aspects of cross-border transactions for various clients, including acting for hedge funds, private equity funds, financial institutions and private and public companies.