- Intellectual property lawyer focusing on patent litigation.
- Has represented some of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world in litigation of some of their blockbuster biological molecules.
Dr. Jason Weil’s practice encompasses a range of technologies, including:
- Monoclonal antibody therapies
- DNA diagnostics
- Medical devices.
- Represented one of the largest multinational pharmaceutical companies in a patent infringement case where a major competitor of the client launched a competing cancer drug. Achieved a very favorable monetary settlement for our client.
- Counseled an innovator pharmaceutical company and a university in one of the first biosimilar patent challenges. Leveraged deep understanding of biological molecules and filed a successful motion to dismiss a potential competitor’s claim. Subsequently, the client brought suit under the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act.
- Represented a large multinational corporation in inter partes review proceedings related to dental materials.
- Advised pharmaceutical companies in a correction of inventorship action.
- Counseled a university and a life science research products manufacturer in inter partes review proceedings related to DNA sequencing technology.