Jason N. Glennon is an associate in the firm’s investment management practice.
Practice & Background
Mr. Glennon’s current practice focuses on all aspects of investment management, with an emphasis on the structuring, formation and ongoing operations of hedge funds, private equity funds and venture capital funds.
He received his J.D. from the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, where he graduated magna cum laude and a member of the Order of the Coif. While in law school, he served as a judicial intern for The Honorable Jorge A. Solis of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas and as a judicial extern for The Honorable Elizabeth Lang-Miers of the Texas Fifth District Court of Appeals. He also served on the editorial board for the SMU Law Review Association and was published in the Journal of Air Law and Commerce.
Mr. Glennon was previously an associate in the firm’s litigation practice, where he focused on bankruptcy litigation, complex commercial litigation, and antitrust counseling. He gained particular experience advising clients with respect to energy-related and real estate disputes. He also gained experience in reverse FOIA efforts.
Mr. Glennon’s previous engagements in the firm’s litigation practice include:
- obtaining a take-nothing summary judgment for a Fortune 500 company on products liability claims
- obtaining summary judgment for an oil and gas company on a mineral lien claim
- preventing certain FOIA disclosures for a Fortune 500 company
- obtaining a receivership for an investment fund over real estate collateral related to a default on a letter-of-credit agreement
- briefing an energy-related bankruptcy code question of first impression for an investment fund in bankruptcy court, which ended with a highly favorable settlement for the client
- arguing in a federal sentencing hearing for a pro bono client, which resulted in a significant reduction in sentence.
- Term Fellow, Dallas Committee on Foreign Relations
- Vice President of Engagement, North Texas Food Bank Young Professional Committee
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Past Associate Member of The Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court
- Presenter, A Toolbox for Fact-Based Immigration Conversations, The Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court (Fall 2015)