Jason P. Rubin focuses on corporate restructurings and creditors’ rights, including the representation of debtors, secured and unsecured lender groups and official committees of unsecured creditors in large, complex chapter 11 cases and out-of-court restructurings. His restructuring matters encompass a variety of industries, including oil and gas, energy, retail, manufacturing and telecommunications.
Practice & Background
Before joining Akin Gump, Mr. Rubin was an associate at a bankruptcy boutique in New York City from 2009-2011 and prior to that was an associate at another international law firm.
Mr. Rubin received his J.D. in 2004 from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, graduating cum laude and Order of the Coif. He was named best oralist in the 2004 University of Pennsylvania Law School Erwin R. Keedy Cup Moot Court Competition, and was a member of the winning team.
Mr. Rubin received his B.A. in politics, philosophy and economics in 2001 from the University of Pennsylvania, graduating magna cum laude.
Mr. Rubin’s representations have included:
- the secured lenders of Endeavour Energy UK Limited
- the second lien lenders of Templar Energy LLC
- the secured noteholders of CHC Helicopter
- the secured noteholders of Constellation Enterprises LLC
- the secured noteholders of Optima Specialty Steel, Inc.
- the first and second lien lenders of True Religion Apparel, Inc.
- the first and second lien lenders of Total Safety International
- the agent for the secured lenders of LodgeNet Interactive Corporation
- the agent for the first lien lenders of LightSquared, Inc.
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Edison Mission Energy
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Dynegy Holdings, LLC
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Chassix Holdings, Inc.
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Nortel Networks, Inc.
- QCE Finance LLC (Quiznos) and its affiliates (as chapter 11 debtors-in-possession)
- Inner City Media Corporation and its affiliates (as chapter 11 debtors-in-possession)