Jason P. Rubin focuses on corporate restructurings, including representation of debtors, creditors and creditors’ committees in large, complex chapter 11 cases and out-of-court restructurings. His restructuring matters encompass a variety of industries, including media, telecommunications and energy.
Practice & Background
Before joining Akin Gump, Mr. Rubin was an associate at a bankruptcy boutique in New York City from 2009-2011 and prior to that was an associate at another international law firm.
Mr. Rubin received his J.D. in 2004 from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, graduating cum laude and Order of the Coif. He was named best oralist in the 2004 University of Pennsylvania Law School Erwin R. Keedy Cup Moot Court Competition, and was a member of the winning team.
Mr. Rubin received his B.A. in politics, philosophy and economics in 2001 from the University of Pennsylvania, graduating magna cum laude.
Mr. Rubin’s recent engagements include:
- Agent for the secured lenders of LodgeNet Interactive Corporation
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Edison Mission Energy
- Inner City Media Corporation (as chapter 11 debtors-in-possession)
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Dynegy Holdings, LLC
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Nortel Networks Inc.
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Chassix Holdings, Inc.
- QCE Finance LLC (Quiznos) and its affiliates (as chapter 11 debtors-in-possession)
- Ad hoc group of UK secured lenders in chapter 11 cases of Endeavour Operating Corporation