Joanna F. Newdeck focuses her practice on corporate restructurings and bankruptcy law.
Practice & Background
Ms. Newdeck represents creditors, official committees, bondholders, debtor-in-possession lenders and debtors in cases of all sizes and complexity, both out of court and in chapter 11.
Ms. Newdeck received her J.D. summa cum laude in 2004 from American University, Washington College of Law, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif and the American University International Law Review.
Ms. Newdeck’s recent representations include:
- an informal group of second lien noteholders of NewPage Corporation
- the largest holder of secured and unsecured notes in Perkins & Marie Callendar LLC
- an informal group of first lien lenders of ION Media Networks, Inc.
- the agent and steering committee of first lien lenders of Hawkeye Renewables, LLC
- an informal committee of secured noteholders of Nellson Nutraceutical, Inc.
- an informal group of secured lenders of YRC Worldwide, Inc. in an out-of-court restructuring
- secured noteholders of Atlantic Express Transportation Corporation in an out-of-court restructuring
- a lender providing DIP and exit financing to Special Devices, Inc. in its chapter 11 proceedings
- the official committee of unsecured creditors of Delta Petroleum
- the official committee of unsecured creditors of Quebecor World (USA), Inc.
- the official committee of unsecured creditors of Pierre Foods, Inc.
- the official committee of noteholders of Congoleum Corporation
- debtor TerreStar Corporation
- debtor Archbrook Laguna Holdings LLC
- debtor Trident Resources Corp.
Awards & Accolades
- Named “Rising Star” by Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers (2014).