- Provides tax and corporate advice to tax-exempt organizations.
- Handles tax controversies, including Internal Revenue Service Coordinated Examination program audits and tribal government tax-exempt bond audits.
- Advises health care clients, as well as religious organizations and American Indian tribal governments.
Ken Alderfer advises tax-exempt organizations on transactions, tax controversy matters, legislation and regulations. He provides advice on nonprofit corporation and charitable trust law, as well as other legal issues related to the operation of nonprofit organizations.
Ken’s clients include hospitals and other entities in the health care industry, public charities and private foundations, social welfare organizations, trade organizations and Native American tribal governments. He has also advised more than a dozen men’s and women’s religious institutes in restructuring their U.S. and international operations and on related tax, nonprofit corporate and charitable trust law matters.
Ken’s representations include:
- Forming tax-exempt corporations and charitable trusts.
- Seeking rulings and determinations from tax authorities.
- Structuring and negotiating transactions and agreements.
- Providing strategic tax advice regarding activities in the United States and in foreign countries.
- Representing clients in tax controversies with federal, state and local taxation authorities.
Public Service and Affiliations