Kevin Eide’s practice focuses on financial restructuring matters.
Practice & Background
Mr. Eide represents official and unofficial creditors’ committees, noteholders, lenders, debtors, liquidating trusts and other parties in interest in large, complex cases.
Mr. Eide received his B.A. from the University of Minnesota, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, and his J.D. with honors from the University of Texas School of Law. While in law school, Mr. Eide served as an articles and notes editor of the Texas International Law Journal and as a judicial extern to the Honorable William Wayne Justice of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas.
Mr. Eide’s chapter 11 representations include:
- Hercules Offshore, Inc. and its affiliated debtors
- an ad hoc group of crossover holders in Energy & Exploration Partners, Inc.
- an informal noteholder group in Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd.
- a prepetition secured lender and DIP lender in The Dolan Company
- the EME Reorganization Trust
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Edison Mission Energy
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Excel Maritime Carriers Ltd.
- an ad hoc committee of second lien noteholders in Indianapolis Downs, LLC
- the largest secured and unsecured noteholder of Perkins & Marie Callender’s Inc.
- American Media, Inc. and its affiliated debtors
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Chemtura Corporation
- an informal committee of secured lenders in The Rhodes Companies, LLC
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Washington Mutual, Inc.
- the second lien lenders of CDX Gas LLC.