- Practice concentrates on complex corporate restructurings and bankruptcy litigation.
Kevin Zuzolo represents creditors’ committees and other parties in interest in complex Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings, with an emphasis on official creditors’ committees and liquidating trustees. He also represents secured creditors in out-of-court restructurings and financing transactions and represents various parties in bankruptcy litigation. Kevin counsels clients in a variety of industries, including:
- Represented a secured creditor in the Chapter 11 proceedings of a renewable-energy development company, negotiating a consensual restructuring of a U.S. oil and gas company.
- Advised a leading provider of bulk freight shipping services in negotiating a deal with the banks and second lien creditors and prepared the company for a prepackaged Chapter 11.
- Counseled a hedge fund investor in negotiating a satisfactory cash-out payment of the debt owed to it by a restructuring company.
- Assisted the official committee of unsecured creditors in the Chapter 11 cases of a technology start-up.
- Served as legal counsel to the official committee of unsecured creditors in the Chapter 11 cases of a youth apparel retailer.
* Certain of the above matters were handled by Kevin prior to joining Akin Gump.