Kevin Zuzolo focuses on corporate restructurings, including representation of creditors’ committees and other parties in interest in complex chapter 11 cases.
Practice & Background
Mr. Zuzolo’s practice includes the representation of parties in chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings, with an emphasis on official creditors’ committees and liquidating trustees. He also has experience representing secured creditors in out-of-court restructurings and financing transactions. Mr. Zuzolo counsels clients on bankruptcy matters in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, technology, retail and energy, and he also represents parties in bankruptcy litigation.
Prior to joining Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, Mr. Zuzolo was an associate in the bankruptcy and restructuring group of a New York law firm.
Mr. Zuzolo’s recent representations include*:
- secured creditor in the chapter 11 proceedings of a renewable-energy development company
- official committee of unsecured creditors in the chapter 11 cases of a technology start-up
- official committee of unsecured creditors in the chapter 11 cases of a youth apparel retailer
- official committee of unsecured creditors in the chapter 11 cases of a telecommunications company providing fiber network transport services
- creditors’ committee and liquidating trustee of a mobile satellite service operator
- liquidating trustee of a women’s fashion retailer
* Certain of the above matters were handled by Mr. Zuzolo prior to him joining Akin Gump.