- Focuses on the application of U.S. law to non-U.S. entities and operations.
- Handles matters related to global investigations, international sanctions, export controls and anticorruption laws.
- Partner in charge of the Dubai office.
Mac Fadlallah has been based in the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.) since 2012. He counsels clients across a broad range of sectors on how U.S. law is applied to non-U.S. entities and operations, particularly with respect to global investigations and compliance with international sanctions, export controls and anticorruption laws.
- Assessing non-U.S. entities’ compliance with applicable U.S. sanctions, export controls, and anticorruption law and regulations.
- Negotiating compliance contractual provisions, including for and against lenders in facility and other lending agreements.
- Advising funds and other investment vehicles on conducting due diligence and establishing compliance safeguards to mitigate sanctions, export controls and anticorruption risks.
- Conducting internal compliance investigations of possible FCPA, ITAR, EAR or OFAC regulations and related company policies, and facilitating compliance audits.
- Developing and implementing compliance policies and procedures, with an emphasis on non-U.S. entities.