Marc N. Epstein focuses his practice on real estate and real estate related commercial transactions.
Practice & Background
Mr. Epstein has nearly 30 years’ experience counseling owners, developers, landlords, tenants and investors on a variety of real estate and business transactions, including sales, acquisitions, financing, leasing, development, management and construction. His experience also includes assisting clients in forming and structuring vehicles for investment in real estate, including funds, joint ventures, partnerships, limited liability companies and real estate investment trusts (REIT).
Mr. Epstein’s extensive practice includes the structuring and negotiation of various agreements involving real estate acquisition, development and operation, including design and construction agreements, development agreements and management/leasing agreements. He has represented clients in connection with projects domestically and internationally, including hotel, retail, office, residential, industrial, transportation, museum and entertainment facilities. Mr. Epstein has negotiated more than a billion dollars worth of design, engineering and construction contracts.
Mr. Epstein’s representative engagements include:
- formation and continued representation of an approximate $750 million opportunistic real estate fund
- representation of an investor/owner in the acquisition and subsequent redevelopment of senior housing projects throughout the United States
- representation of an investor/owner in the acquisition, development and ultimate disposition of “powered shell” and “turnkey” data center projects throughout the United States
- representation of an investor group in connection with non performing and sub performing real estate loans and other distressed real estate throughout the United States
- representation of an investor group in connection with interests in federally subsidized affordable housing properties throughout the United States
- representation of an investor group in connection with government-subsidized rental housing located throughout the United States
- representation of an investor/owner in connection with the assemblage of a large, geographically diverse portfolio of multipurpose industrial facilities
- representation of an investor/owner group in connection with the acquisition, financing and ultimate disposition of several flagship office buildings in New York City
- representation of an investor in the consolidation of a private real estate holding company and subsequent acquisition of each holding company by a public REIT
- representation of an investor group in the formation and initial public offering of a number of publicly traded realty companies
- representation of an owner/operator in connection with the negotiation and preparation of design, engineering and construction agreements for a nationally recognized art museum
- representation of an owner/developer in connection with the negotiation and preparation of design, engineering and construction agreements for a premier performing arts facility.
- Urban Land Institute
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- co-author and lecturer, “Construction Insurance Issues Affecting the Owner/Lender: Does Your Contract Have You Covered?” University of Texas School of Law and the Texas Mortgage Bankers Association – 27th Annual Mortgage Lending Institute, 1993
- lecturer, “Insurance and Insurance Provisions in Leases," “Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law – Real Estate Law: Leases in Depth, 1993
- lecturer, School of Architecture and Business, University of Oklahoma, 1986 and 1987
- lecturer, “Legal Remedies for Contractors,” Construction and Financial Management Association, Tulsa, Oklahoma, 1987.