Meredith A. Lahaie represents debtors, creditors and bondholders in large, complex chapter 11 cases and out-of-court restructurings.
Practice & Background
Ms. Lahaie has experience in a wide variety of industries, including pulp and paper, publishing, diversified financial services, homebuilding and construction, specialty chemicals, television broadcasting and energy.
After receiving her degree, she clerked for the Honorable Adlai S. Hardin, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, from 2005 to 2006.
Ms. Lahaie’s recent representations include:
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Quiksilver, Inc.
- an ad hoc group of monetary production payment holders in the refinancing of Endeavour Operating Corporation
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the chapter 11 cases of BPZ Resources Inc.
- the administrative agent and prepetition and DIP lender of LightSquared Inc.
- the largest senior noteholder of Tribune Company
- an informal group of secured noteholders in Catalyst Paper Corporation
- the debtor in American Media, Inc.
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Chemtura Corporation
- an informal committee of secured lenders in The Rhodes Companies, LLC
- an informal noteholder group in Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Kimball Hill, Inc.
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Bally Total Fitness of Greater New York, Inc.
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of TOUSA, Inc.
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Calpine Corporation
- debtor Granite Broadcasting Corporation.
Awards & Accolades’
- “Outstanding Young Bankruptcy Lawyer” (2017) – Turnarounds & Workouts
- "40 Under 40 – World’s Leading Young Restructuring Lawyers", Global Restructuring Review, 2016.
- Lehman – Lessons Learned, American College of Investment Counsel’s 2010 Annual Spring Investment Forum, April 29, 2010.