- Concentrates on debtors’ and creditors’ rights, corporate restructurings and bankruptcy law.
- Has led numerous high-profile restructurings in the energy, oilfield services, power, health care, retail and media industries.
Michael Stamer represents official and unofficial committees of unsecured creditors, secured lender groups, debtors, boards of directors and special committees, debtor-in-possession (DIP) lenders, plan sponsors and acquirers of businesses and assets in large, complex Chapter 11 cases and domestic and international out-of-court restructurings.
- Represents the ad hoc committee of senior unsecured noteholders of Pacific Gas and Electric Company.
- Represented an informal committee of certain unaffiliated holders of senior unsecured notes of Weatherford International.
- Represented an informal second lien noteholder group in the chapter 11 cases of Rex Energy Corporation.
- Represented the official committee of unsecured creditors in the chapter 11 cases of Calpine Corp. and General Growth Properties.
- Represented Hercules Offshore in its chapter 11 cases.