Michael S. Stamer concentrates on debtors’ and creditors’ rights, corporate restructurings and bankruptcy law.
Practice & Background
Mr. Stamer represents official and unofficial committees of unsecured creditors, secured lender groups, debtors, DIP lenders and acquirers of businesses and assets in large, complex chapter 11 cases and out-of-court restructurings.
Mr. Stamer has been recognized by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business as a leading lawyer in the area of bankruptcy/restructuring for several years.
After law school, Mr. Stamer was a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Daniel J. Moore, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the District of New Jersey.
Mr. Stamer has served as lead counsel in representation of:
- the second lien noteholder group in the chapter 11 case of Eastman Kodak Company
- the creditors’ committee in the chapter 11 case of General Growth Properties, Inc.
- the creditors’ committee in the chapter 11 case of Calpine Corporation
- the informal secured lender group in the restructuring of YRC Worldwide, Inc.
- the informal noteholder group in the chapter 11 case of R.H. Donnelley Corp.
- the informal secured noteholder group in the chapter 11 case of Evergreen Solar
- the creditors’ committees in the chapter 11 cases of several large international telecommunications companies, including Flag Telecom
- the creditors’ committee in the chapter 11 case of Magellan Health Services, the largest behavioral health care company
- Call-Net Enterprises, a large international telecommunications company in connection with the restructuring of $1.5 billion in bond debt
- the noteholder committee in the chapter 11 case of Fountain View (n/k/a Skilled Health).
Awards & Accolades
Mr. Stamer has been frequently recognized as one of the country’s leading financial restructuring attorneys. Such recognition includes:
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2016-2017
- “Outstanding Restructuring Lawyers,” Turnarounds & Workouts, 2016
- The Legal 500 US, 2017
- The Who’s Who Legal: Insolvency & Restructuring, 2014-2016
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, 2015-2016
- The Who's Who Legal 100, 2014
- The Best Lawyers in America.