- Concentrates on debtors’ and creditors’ rights, corporate restructurings and bankruptcy law.
- Has led numerous high-profile restructurings in the energy, oilfield services, power, health care, retail and media industries.
Michael Stamer represents official and unofficial committees of unsecured creditors, secured lender groups, debtors, boards of directors and special committees, debtor-in-possession (DIP) lenders, plan sponsors and acquirers of businesses and assets in large, complex Chapter 11 cases and domestic and international out-of-court restructurings.
- Represents an informal second lien noteholder group in the Chapter 11 cases of Rex Energy Corporation.
- Represents an informal noteholder group in Parker Drilling.
- Represented an informal secured noteholder group that served as plan sponsor in the Chapter 11 cases of CHC Group Ltd.
- Represented the Official Creditors Committee in the Chapter 11 cases of Calpine Corp. and General Growth Properties.
- Represented Hercules Offshore in its Chapter 11 cases.