- Co-head of the firm’s cybersecurity, privacy and data protection practice.
- Advises on privacy- and cybersecurity-related compliance, investigations and enforcement actions.
- Represents companies in U.S., international and cross-border litigation, arbitration and investigations.
Natasha Kohne is a co-head of the firm’s cybersecurity, privacy and data protection practice, which was named among the top cybersecurity practices in 2017 by BTI Consulting. She also has a cutting-edge international legal practice that focuses on investigations, litigation, regulatory and compliance, often involving complex multi-jurisdictional and cross-border challenges. Her clients include global financial services institutions, sovereign wealth and government-backed vehicles, private equity and hedge fund managers, and other multinational conglomerates in retail, transportation, health, energy and technology. The Daily Journal recognized Natasha as one of California’s top cyber/artificial intelligence lawyers in both 2018 and 2019 and as a “Top Women Lawyer” in 2017. She is also recommended by The Legal 500 US in Cyber Law in 2017-2020. She is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US, International Association of Privacy Professionals).
- Advising various clients on implementing and operationalizing the CCPA, GDPR and evolving state and federal privacy regulations.
- Advised a transportation company on the privacy considerations involving a cutting-edge biometrics program.
- Drafted privacy and cybersecurity terms and conditions on behalf of a global transportation company in connection with its proposed operation of autonomous vehicle pilot programs in the U.S.
- Advising consumer-facing clients relating to the scope and impact of employee consumer requests and risk mitigation strategies.
- Advising multiple consumer-facing clients on the definition of personal information as it relates to new technologies, the definition of sale, service providers and third-parties and the impact on data analytics in the political targeting context and other contexts.
Public Service and Affiliations