- Former long-time head of Akin Gump s U.S. antitrust and competition practice.
- Member of American Bar Association (ABA) Antitrust Section’s governing Council and former Chair of the Section’s Mergers & Acquisitions Committee.
- More than 40 years of experience litigating and advising on complex, high-stakes antitrust matters.
A principal focus of Paul Hewitt’s practice is providing antitrust and Hart-Scott-Rodino representation regarding mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures.
- Advised parties in numerous multi-billion-dollar merger and acquisition transactions investigated by the FTC and U.S. Department of Justice.
- Counsels large hedge and equity funds regarding Hart-Scott-Rodino and substantive merger review matters.
- Represented a hospital group charged with antitrust conspiracy and monopolization in the Northern District of Indiana and secured Rule 12(b)(6) dismissal, with prejudice, of plaintiff’s entire antitrust case.
- Litigated an Eastern District of Pennsylvania Hatch-Waxman patent settlement case.
- Litigated a Southern District of New York purported price fixing and RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) case brought against a large investment fund group.
Public Service and Affiliations