- Focuses on cross-border corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions (M&A)/takeovers and corporate finance.
- Acts as outside general counsel for clients in commercial disputes.
- Partner-in-charge of the firm’s Irvine office and a member of the firm’s Audit Committee.
Paul Lin primarily handles cross-border corporate transactions, M&A/takeovers, real estate transactions, regulatory and trade work, and corporate finance deals. In addition, he serves in the role of outside general counsel for many clients, coordinating litigation related to general commercial disputes, antitrust, intellectual property, class actions and other areas.
- Led the team in advising Kingston Technology, one of the world’s largest independent manufacturers of memory products, as a member of a consortium led by Bain Capital, in the $18 billion purchase of Toshiba Memory Corporation (TMC). Negotiated a favorable long-term memory supply agreement with TMC, as well as investment documents protecting Kingston’s interests in its participation in the consortium. The deal was the largest M&A transaction in Asia in 2018.
- Represented Foxconn Technology Group in its acquisition of all of the outstanding shares of SMART Technologies, a leading provider of collaboration solutions.
- Represented the U.S.-based, and world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products, in an agreement with a Taiwanese public company, to acquire certain assets of the Taiwanese company in a deal valued at approximately $200 million. The U.S. company simultaneously entered into a transaction pursuant to which the acquired company will provide foundry services to the buyer for a two-year period in a deal valued at approximately $380 million.
- Advising a Taiwanese multinational electronics manufacturing company in its acquisition of a 90 percent interest in a well-known international consumer electronics company and in certain manufacturing assets related to a television manufacturer from its parent company.
- Advising a Chinese company in its acquisition of a publicly listed display technology manufacturer and in a related tender offer.
Public Service and Affiliations