- Advises some of the world’s most prominent fund sponsors, institutional investors and investment banks.
- Co-leader of firm’s investment management practice and member of the management committee.
- Leader of the firm’s India practice and was instrumental in the formation of the Hong Kong and Singapore offices.
Prakash Mehta works with asset managers, institutional investors and entrepreneurs on all aspects of their businesses. He advises on capital raising and fund formation and assists in complex transactions that support clients’ investment and other business strategies.
- Advising on manager-level transactions, including seed arrangements, joint ventures and minority stake sales.
- Counseling funds on the restructuring of shale-play investments impacted by the volatility in the energy sector.
- Providing advice on debt and equity investments in shipping assets around the world.
- Assisting Asian clients on U.S. inbound investments in a variety of sectors deemed attractive by virtue of the relative strength of the U.S. economy.
- Representing limited partner advisory boards with respect to “zombie fund” manager disputes, with extensive work on “funds divorce” matters involving fund principals and investors.
Public Service and Affiliations