- Co-head of Akin Gump’s Supreme Court and appellate practice.
- Has argued 15 cases before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Pratik Shah briefs and argues cases in federal and state appellate courts across the country, including the U.S. Supreme Court. Pratik also provides strategic advice to clients at all stages of constitutional, regulatory and other complex litigation.
American Indian Law
- Successfully briefed and argued a separation-of-powers/sovereign immunity issue for the Gun Lake Tribe (S. Ct. 2018).
- Successful appeal for the Gila River Indian Community’s water rights under a federal consent decree (9th Cir. 2017).
- Successful patent/antitrust appeal on behalf of a medical technology company (Fed. Cir. 2018).
- Successful patent/IPR appeal on behalf of a major technology conglomerate (Fed. Cir. 2016).
Public Service and Affiliations