Rebecca Carwood’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and equity capital markets.
Practice & Background
Ms. Carwood joined Akin Gump in 2017, having previously been an associate in the London office of a leading U.K. law firm, with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions and private equity. Ms. Carwood was admitted as a solicitor in Scotland in 2015.
Ms. Carwood received her LL.B. from the University of Edinburgh in 2012 with first-class honors, and subsequently received a Diploma in Professional Legal Practice, also from the University of Edinburgh in 2013. Ms. Carwood spent a year studying international law at the University of Oslo in 2011.
Ms. Carwood’s recent engagements include:
- advising a private equity firm on its acquisition of a restaurant group for approximately £250 million
- advising a private equity firm on its acquisition of a group running premium holiday parks
- advising a private equity firm and its portfolio company on the bolt-on acquisition of an overseas technology and services company
- advising an international insurance brokerage firm in connection with the sale of two of its businesses; and
- advising various private equity firms in competitive auction processes.