- Serves as partner in charge of the Philadelphia office.
- Practices in the area of intellectual property (IP) with an emphasis on patent infringement litigation.
- Counsel of record in over 50 inter partes review (IPR) proceedings—nearly half of them as lead counsel.
Rubén Muñoz represents public and private companies in patent and trade secret litigation involving a wide array of technologies, including medical devices, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and electronics. He represents clients in federal and state courts, before the International Trade Commission and before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) of the United States Patent Office in inter partes review proceedings.
- Currently representing a multinational company in several inter partes review proceedings involving patents in the medical, chemical, and cosmetic industries (PTAB).
- Currently defending a biotechnology company in an inter partes review proceeding involving a patent directed to a method for the treatment of cancer (PTAB).
- Successfully defended a medical device company in state, district court, and arbitration on trade secret misappropriation claims (Massachusetts State Court, District of Massachusetts, and AAA)
- Successfully defended a pharmaceutical company in an inter partes review proceeding involving protease inhibitors for the treatment of HIV (PTAB).
- Successfully defended medical device companies in concurrent patent infringement lawsuits involving suturing anchors (District of Massachusetts).
Public Service and Affiliations