Rubén H. Muñoz practices law in the area of intellectual property, with an emphasis on patent infringement litigation.
Practice & Background
Mr. Muñoz has represented companies in litigations involving a wide array of technologies, including automotive, medical devices, biotechnology, consumer products, pharmaceuticals, electronics and software. He has represented clients in district court, the International Trade Commission, and before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board of the U.S. Patent Office.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Muñoz spent five years at Ford Motor Company’s Scientific Research Laboratory where he focused on the development of advanced engine technologies.
Mr. Muñoz is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School and holds a certificate in business and public policy from the Wharton School. He holds a master’s degree in mechanical engineering and a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from Louisiana State University.
Mr. Muñoz’s recent representations include:
- currently defending pharmaceutical company in patent infringement lawsuit involving biologic medical product (District of Massachusetts)
- currently representing manufacturer of consumer products in patent and trade dress infringement lawsuit involving sports equipment (District of New Jersey)
- currently defending electronic device manufacturer in patent infringement lawsuit involving Ethernet technology (Eastern District of Texas)
- currently defending medical device company in patent infringement lawsuit involving injectable viscosupplements to treat osteoarthritis (District of Massachusetts)
- defended electronic device manufacturer in patent infringement lawsuit involving random access of digital information (District of Delaware)
- defended consumer electronics company in ITC 337 proceeding involving patents on video-on-demand and parental controls technologies
- represented electronic device manufacturer in patent infringement lawsuit involving temperature sensors in office equipment (Eastern District of Texas)
- defended a pharmaceutical company in patent infringement lawsuit involving biotechnology patent (Central District of California)
- defended an international automobile manufacturer in patent infringement lawsuit involving integration of portable devices in vehicle systems (Eastern District of Texas)
- defended a global software company in patent infringement lawsuits involving encryption technology (Eastern District of Virginia and Eastern District of New York)
- defended a medical device company in patent infringement lawsuit involving surgical instruments (District of Connecticut).
Awards & Accolades
- Mr. Munoz has been named by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” in the field of intellectual property litigation (2013-2015).