- Significant experience in all phases of patent litigation.
- Former patent examiner with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
Ryan Stronczer represents clients in patent litigation in a variety of technologies, including television displays, image and video processing, streaming video and advertising distribution and touchscreen devices. He handles complex patent litigation, focusing on Section 337 investigations before the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) and inter partes review proceedings before the USPTO Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).
- Defended VIZIO, a leading consumer electronics company, in two ITC investigations related to video processing and display technology. Served as lead associate on all discovery issues, developed technical defenses, drafted key motions and expert reports, took the lead on preparation of expert witnesses, took and defended depositions and cross-examined an expert witness at trial. In addition, assisted with advocating before the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol and in drafting post-trial motions and appeals.
- Defended one of the world’s leading Internet and software companies before the U.S. district courts in several patent litigation matters involving different technologies.
- Represented the leading developer of human interface solutions for electronic devices before the ITC in patent litigation related to touchscreen controllers.
- Represented a leading television company in several petitions for inter partes review before the PTAB.
- Represented a U.S. Army veteran before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in an appeal related to his veterans benefits.
Public Service and Affiliations