Ryan S. Stronczer is an associate in the firm’s intellectual property practice, where he focuses on complex patent litigation and intellectual property counseling.
Practice & Background
Mr. Stronczer has represented clients in patent litigation in a variety of technologies, including streaming video and advertising distribution, image processing, touchscreen devices, and television displays. Mr. Stronczer has represented clients before the U.S. district courts, the United States International Trade Commission (USITC), and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).
In addition to his intellectual property litigation experience, Mr. Stronczer has represented pro bono clients in a wide range of matters, including assisting individuals who faced persecution in their home countries seek asylum in the United States, working with the homeless in the District of Columbia, assisting members of the armed forces pursue their benefits, and representing former employees of the federal government in appellate matters related to their civil service.
Mr. Stronczer received his J.D. from George Mason University, where he participated in the Giles S. Rich Patent Moot Court and Saul Lefkowitz Trademark Moot Court competitions. He is also a member of the Pauline Newman IP American Inn of Court. Mr. Stronczer received his B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Drexel University.
Prior to joining Akin Gump, Mr. Stronczer served as a patent examiner at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office where he examined patent applications in the art of interactive video distribution.
Representative examples of Mr. Stronczer’s experience include:
- defending a leading television manufacturer in two investigations related to several aspects of video processing and display technology before the USITC
- defending one of the world’s leading Internet and software companies in patent litigation in several matters involving different technologies before the U.S. district courts
- representing the leading developer of human interface solutions for electronic devices and products in patent litigation related to touchscreen controllers before the USITC
- representing a leading television manufacturer in preparing several petitions for inter partes review before the PTAB
- representing a U.S. Army veteran before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in an appeal related to his veteran’s benefits
- representing a former federal employee before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in an appeal related to their disability benefits
- representing individuals and couples who faced persecution in their home countries seek asylum in the United States