- More than 15 years of experience providing communications and political counsel.
- Former chief of staff and press secretary to U.S. Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-OK).
- Former senior vice president at a global public relations firm.
- Strong relationships in Washington, D.C.; Texas; Oklahoma and Colorado.
Ryan Thompson brings tremendous energy to finding smart political pathways to achieve client goals. Drawing on a deep well of industry knowledge and senior-level access, he paves the way for business-critical operations, transactions and investments. An experienced advocate and former Capitol Hill senior staffer, Ryan is known for his drive and dedication in working with Congress, the White House and government agencies in Washington, D.C., as well as with state officials.
- Representing the American Exploration & Production Council, a trade group comprising America’s 33 largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies before Congress, the White House, and regulators on energy and environmental legislative and regulatory priorities.
- Assisted in the lobbying and communications campaign before Congress to support a merger creating the world’s largest airline.
- Counseling leading private equity firms on infrastructure and energy investing, including impact of federal regulations, lobbying for regulatory and statutory modifications, and introductions to potential partners.
- Led successful lobbying engagement for America’s largest East Coast refiner to gain relief from the Renewable Fuels Standard.
- Helped lead a coalition of the largest precision navigation and global positioning system (GPS) manufacturers in protecting their allotted spectrum from radio interference that would have jeopardized GPS functionality.
Public Service and Affiliations