Sarah Link Schultz represents debtors, official and unofficial committees of creditors, secured lender groups, debtors-in-possession lenders, acquirers of assets and vendors in large, complex cases and out-of-court restructurings. Her restructuring matters encompass a variety of industries.
Practice & Background
Ms. Schultz received her J.D. cum laude in 2001 from the University of Minnesota Law School, where she was a member of the Minnesota Law Review in 2000 and 2001. She is a member of the State Bar of Texas. Ms. Schultz received her B.A. summa cum laude in 1998 from the University of North Dakota.
Ms. Schultz’s recent engagements include:
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Adeptus Health Inc.
- debtor International Shipholding Corporation
- debtor Quicksilver Resources Inc.
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Swift Energy Company, et al.
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Emerald Oil, Inc., et al.
- ad hoc noteholder group of Black Elk Energy Offshore Operations, LLC
- informal noteholder group in Excel Maritime Carriers Ltd.
- informal noteholder group in Genco Shipping & Trading Limited
- senior secured lender for The Dolan Company
- debtor Geokinetics, Inc., et al.
- debtor TerreStar Corporation, et al.
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Saint Vincents Catholic Medical Center, et al
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Nortel Networks Inc., et al.
- debtor Foothills Resources, Inc., et al.
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Calpine Corporation, et al.
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of LandAmerica 1031 Exchange Services, Inc., et al.
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Quebecor World (USA), Inc., et al.
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Vitro America, LLC, et al.
- Consenting Noteholders of R.H. Donnelley Corporation, et al.
Ms. Schultz’s community, civic and charitable activities include:
- Master of John C. Ford Inn of Court
- Member, State Bar of Texas Bankruptcy Bar Committee
Awards & Accolades
- D Magazine (2018) – recognized as one of Dallas’ “Best Lawyers”
- “Outstanding Young Bankruptcy Lawyer” (2015) – Turnarounds & Workouts
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2013 to 2018)
- “Texas Rising Star” (2009 through 2015) - Texas Monthly in a survey of her peers
- “Forty Under 40” (2010) - Dallas Business Journal - recognizing her as one of the outstanding young professionals in North Texas
- D Magazine (2010) - recognized as one of Dallas’ Best Women Lawyers in the area of Bankruptcy/Workouts
- Legal 500 US recommends Sarah Schultz in Finance – corporate restructuring (including bankruptcy) (2016).