Sarah Link Schultz represents debtors, official and unofficial committees of creditors, secured lender groups, debtors-in-possession lenders, acquirers of assets and vendors in large, complex cases and out-of-court restructurings. Her restructuring matters encompass a variety of industries.
Practice & Background
Ms. Schultz received her B.A. summa cum laude in 1998 from the University of North Dakota and her J.D. cum laude in 2001 from the University of Minnesota Law School, where she was a member of the Minnesota Law Review in 2000 and 2001. She is a member of the State Bar of Texas.
Ms. Schultz’s recent engagements include:
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Adeptus Health Inc.
- debtor International Shipholding Corporation
- debtor Quicksilver Resources Inc.
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Swift Energy Company, et al.
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Emerald Oil, Inc., et al.
- ad hoc noteholder group of Black Elk Energy Offshore Operations, LLC
- informal noteholder group in Excel Maritime Carriers Ltd.
- informal noteholder group in Genco Shipping & Trading Limited
- senior secured lender for The Dolan Company
- debtor Geokinetics, Inc., et al.
- debtor TerreStar Corporation, et al.
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Saint Vincents Catholic Medical Center, et al.
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Nortel Networks Inc., et al.
- debtor Edge Petroleum Corporation, et al.
- debtor Foothills Resources, Inc., et al.
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Calpine Corporation, et al.
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of LandAmerica 1031 Exchange Services, Inc., et al.
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Quebecor World (USA), Inc., et al.
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Vitro America, LLC, et al.
- Consenting Noteholders of R.H. Donnelley Corporation, et al.
Ms. Schultz’s community, civic and charitable activities include:
- Master of John C. Ford Inn of Court
- member of the council of King of Glory Lutheran Church.
Awards & Accolades
- “Outstanding Young Bankruptcy Lawyer” (2015) – Turnarounds & Workouts
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2013 to 2018)
- “Texas Rising Star” (2009 through 2015) - Texas Monthly in a survey of her peers
- “Forty Under 40” (2010) - Dallas Business Journal - recognizing her as one of the outstanding young professionals in North Texas
- D Magazine (2010) - recognized as one of Dallas’ Best Women Lawyers in the area of Bankruptcy/Workouts
- Legal 500 US recommends Sarah Schultz in Finance – corporate restructuring (including bankruptcy) (2016).