Seth D. Slotkin is a partner in the private client services section of the tax practice.
Practice & Background
Mr. Slotkin focuses his practice on all aspects of the trusts and estates area, including estate planning and estate and trust administration and litigation. He also assists individual clients and families with charitable giving programs, including the creation of private foundations and public charities, and advises young entrepreneurs and executives on succession, tax and estate planning.
Mr. Slotkin has particular experience concerning the use of business entities, such as limited partnerships and limited liability companies, and sophisticated trusts, such as grantor retained annuity trusts and intentionally defective grantor trusts, in estate plans to produce optimal valuations from a tax perspective and reduce tax liability.
Mr. Slotkin received his B.A. in 1992 from Emory University, J.D. in 1995 from New York University School of Law and LL.M. in 2002 from New York University School of Law.
Awards & Accolades
Mr. Slotkin has been recognized by Best Lawyers for his work in trust and estates and has also been listed in Super Lawyers.
- Member, United Jewish Appeal—Federation of Jewish Philanthropies
- Chair, Trusts and Estates Committee, 2015-present
- Vice Chair, 2013-2015
- Co-Journal Chair, 2008-2010
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Member, Trusts, Estates & Surrogate’s Courts Committee, 2007-2009, 2014-present
- Member, Estate & Gift Tax Committee, 2010-2012
- Member, Planned Giving Advisory Committee, New York Presbyterian Hospital