- Helps clients access public and private markets to raise capital.
- Handles capital markets transactions and mergers and acquisitions.
Shar Ahmed helps clients access public and private markets in raising capital and creating liquidity for existing equity holders. His clients call upon him to execute intricate, sophisticated transactions within tight time frames.
- Advised a privately held company in its initial public offering. The company had multiple owners, including several very large private equity funds, all of which were looking for liquidity for their investments. The matter involved balancing competing interests and creating liquidity for a large number of stockholders. The company is now listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Assisted a public company in recapitalizing to pay a leveraged dividend, increasing the rate of return for investors in the business. In a very short time frame, helped the client to issue secured notes, the proceeds of which the company combined with cash from operations to pay a cash dividend to all of its stockholders. Additionally, within the context of this matter, assisted the board of directors with obtaining a solvency opinion.
- Counseled an unsecured creditors’ committee in acquiring certain assets of an energy company in a Chapter 11 proceeding through a newly formed acquisition entity and negotiating equity financing for the entity all at the same time. Formed the new company and closed both the acquisition and financing transaction.
- Quickly executed a large block trade transaction for a client. While the company was public, a large portion of the equity was held privately. In order to create additional liquidity for the client, it was necessary to execute a large secondary offering in minimal time so as not to depress the stock price.
- Over a 12-month period, advised issuers and underwriters of debt and equity securities in 10 capital markets transactions, raising in excess of $5 billion in capital.