- Handles large-scale projects and arbitrations that require robust project management.
- Develops compliance solutions that are integrated in business processes.
- Advises on complex U.S. export control and sanctions issues that have an extraterritorial application.
- Assesses business impact of U.S. trade laws on international business operations and provides business solutions to address legal risks and challenges.
- Has experience with large scale international arbitrations, including at U.N.-specialized agencies and the WTO.
Shiva Aminian assists clients navigate complex legal problems that require strong project management skills and a solid understanding of business processes.
- For a U.S.-based aerospace and defense manufacturer, drafted export jurisdiction and classification logic flows reflecting hundreds of pages of recently updated ITAR and EAR regulations. The logic flows, which are in current use by the company, expedite and ensure the accuracy of its jurisdiction and classification process for hundreds of parts, components and technology related to significant end items. The results are substantial improvements in both business processes and export compliance.
- Engaged over the course of several years by a global aerospace company to assist on a wide range of export compliance projects. Recent work has included supporting the creation of a sophisticated export jurisdiction and classification analytical tools. These tools assist in the operational support and resolution of legal questions involving hundreds of thousands of items related to the company’s aviation equipment.