- Defends companies, officers, directors and employees against Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Department of Justice (DOJ) investigations.
- Leads internal corporate investigations and defends against civil fraud claims and enforcement actions.
- Served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in Los Angeles for 11 years.
Steve Mansfield is an accomplished jury lawyer who represents clients in a range of sectors, including banking, professional services, insurance, health care, pharmaceutical and dietary supplements. In highly charged enforcement actions by the DOJ and SEC, he defends companies, officers and directors, and employees.
- On behalf of clients, has won dozens of dismissals and prosecution declinations, and the return of millions of dollars in improperly seized funds.
- Defends corporations, officers, directors and employees against allegations of unfair and deceptive trade practices and has represented clients before related congressional investigations.
- During his tenure with the government, served as lead prosecutor in a complex finance fraud investigation that resulted in the conviction of a U.S. congressman, a campaign committee, a campaign treasurer and five multinational corporations.
- Served as head of the U.N. War Crimes Investigations Unit for Rwanda and currently provides strategic counsel to the Center for Justice and Accountability at Civitas Maxima in pending Liberian war crimes investigations.
- Serves as an instructor with Lawyers Without Borders for prosecutors and judges on rule of law and antitrafficking programs in Kenya and Tanzania.
Public Service and Affiliations