- Finance lawyer with significant experience advising lenders in relation to domestic and international financings.
- Advises financial institutions in relation to debt restructurings, as well as derivatives and other financial instruments.
Stephen’s recent engagements include:
- Representing an ad hoc committee of unsecured creditors in the proposed financial restructuring of US$3.5 billion debt issued by Noble Group Limited, an SGX-listed Asia commodities supply chain and trading group.
- Advising Nordic Trustee in connection with the financial restructuring of a US$135 million Norwegian high-yield bond issuance made by Xcite Energy Resources Plc (now known as Whalsay Energy Limited), an exploration and production company with oil-field interests in the North Sea.
- Advising the lenders on a US$175 million financing for EnQuest.
- Advising the lenders on acquisition financings for several football clubs.
- Advising the institutional investors in private placements by a number of Oxbridge colleges and other higher-education institutions, including Keele University and the London Business School.