Steven Franklin is a partner with Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP (a limited liability partnership registered under the laws of Texas, U.S.A.) and a registered foreign lawyer in the firm's Hong Kong office.
- Significant practice experience in Europe and Asia-Pacific, focusing on public and private cross-border transactions.
- Represents clients in multinational corporate matters, including private equity investments, merger arbitrage and shareholder activism.
Steven Franklin’s practice focuses on public and private cross-border transactions, including mergers and acquisitions (M&A), debt and equity investments, joint ventures and the corporate aspects of domestic and cross-border financial restructurings. His experience includes advising hedge, private equity and other investment funds on structuring, acquiring and disposing of their investments.
- Representing hedge funds on distressed special situations, credit and equity investments and mergers and acquisitions across Europe and Asia-Pacific, including acquisitions through pre-pack administrations and subsequent realization of those investments.
- Acting for an international hedge fund on its private equity investment in the Indian waste sector, including pre-initial public offering (IPO) structuring and subsequent exit.
- Advising hedge funds on many high-profile shareholder activism strategies in Europe and across the Asia-Pacific region.
- Representing hedge funds on international merger arbitrage investments.
- Representing various funds on cross-border joint ventures, including establishing bespoke corporate joint venture structures.