- Co-leads the firm’s congressional investigations practice.
- Prior to entering private practice, served as the General Counsel of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Represents clients in high-profile and politically sensitive government investigations.
Steven Ross has extensive public- and private-sector experience in representing corporations, institutions and individuals in all manner of investigations, including congressional, criminal and regulatory proceedings and related civil litigation. He concentrates on congressional investigations, internal investigations, governmental ethics, federal election law, white collar criminal defense and constitutional issues.
- Advised multiple clients in investigations related to the financial crisis of 2008, including representations of a former CEO of a leading insurance company, a credit rating agency and a top hedge fund.
- Counseled a major automotive company with respect to investigations concerning allegations of noncompliance with environmental regulations.
- Represented several pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturing companies in investigations relating to pricing, safety and regulatory compliance.
- Advised multiple leading defense contractors in investigations into Iraq-related contracts and conduct.
- Guided a major global financial institution regarding investigations into the institution’s commodities trading business.