Svetlana A. Volevich concentrates on litigation, securities regulations, mergers and acquisitions, employment and general corporate matters.
Ms. Volevich’s engagements include advising:
- one of Russia’s leading airlines on the $809 million refinancing of its debt portfolio
- one of Russia’s largest oil and gas companies in negotiations and trial preparation with regard to contract disputes
- one of Russia’s largest oil and gas companies in connection with construction of a refinery plant
- one of Russia’s largest oil and gas companies in connection with its acquisition and disposal of assets in foreign jurisdictions
- the leading Russian cellular communications company in Eurobond offerings on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange in 2002 and 2004
- the leading Russian cellular communications company in Eurobond offering on the Irish Stock Exchange in 2008
- a number of major Russian companies in connection with domestic and cross-border M and transactions
- Russian companies in their reorganizations and in the issuance of securities
- Russian and foreign companies in the Russian courts, including in disputes with governmental authorities
- Russian and foreign companies before the Russian antitrust authorities
- one of Russia’s largest oil companies in a dispute with its foreign investors in the United States.
Awards & Accolades
- The Best Lawyers 2018 - ranked among top Corporate, International Arbitration, Litigation and Investment lawyers in Russia.
- The Best Lawyers 2012 – 2017 - ranked among top Corporate and Litigation lawyers in Russia.
- The Best Lawyers 2014 – 2017 - ranked among top Investment and International Arbitration lawyers in Russia.
- Legal 500 EMEA 2014, 2017 – Svetlana Volevich is praised for her ‘very deep knowledge of Russian telecoms law’.