Tatman R. Savio is a partner with Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP (a limited liability partnership registered under the laws of Texas, U.S.A.) and a registered foreign lawyer in the firm's Hong Kong office.
- Counsels clients on the extra-territorial impact of U.S. law and policy affecting international trade and business.
- Represents clients in U.S. government investigations, internal investigations, and compliance matters, including with respect to U.S. sanctions, export controls and anti-corruption issues.
- Manages national security reviews by the Committee for Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS).
Tatman is a partner with Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP (a limited liability partnership registered under the laws of Texas, U.S.A.). Following almost nine years in the firm’s Washington D.C. office, she has been based in Akin Gump’s Hong Kong office since 2015.
- Represented a senior executive in a Chinese company as part of an ongoing investigation by the DOJ, BIS and OFAC.
- Provided on-site legal support on international trade issues to a Fortune 50 technology company at its Hong Kong office, with responsibility for a range of issues, including licensing, audit and general compliance program management in jurisdictions throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
- Analyzed potential CFIUS implications and successfully managed CFIUS review of various mergers and divestitures in a range of industries, including the aerospace, defense, oil and gas, and technology sectors.
- For private equity firms, conducted due diligence concerning anticorruption and trade-related matters for potential investments in China, India and South Korea. Also evaluated and developed compliance policies for the firms’ portfolio companies.
- Represented a non-U.S. energy and infrastructure company in connection with a World Bank investigation related to a contract for a project in an African nation.
Public Service and Affiliations