- Practice was focused on the formation of organizations, the offering of securities, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance.
Terry Schpok retired from the partnership in 2019. While working in the Dallas office, he regularly counseled health care organizations, insurance companies, finance companies, entertainment companies, underwriters, private equity funds, institutional investors and issuers in a broad array of corporate and corporate governance matters. He represented clients in connection with capital formation, private and public securities offerings, joint ventures and partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions, and other corporate and regulatory transactions.
- Served as counsel to the special committees of independent directors in connection with going-private transactions involving public companies.
- Advised public companies regarding corporate governance matters and policies.
- Counseled an insurance company in connection with the acquisition of a managing general agency.
- Represented an insurance company in connection with the acquisition of another insurance company.
Public Service and Affiliations