- Advises hedge fund managers on a wide variety of issues.
- Regularly counsels clients on third-party investments in funds and managed accounts, and negotiates investment management mandates.
- Advises global clients on funds’ regulatory obligations in the United Kingdom.
Tim Pearce works with alternative fund managers, particularly hedge and credit managers, and other asset managers ranging from the largest global houses to smaller start-ups. He assists clients as they launch and manage funds in key jurisdictions around the world. He also provides general investment management support and advice on the regulatory obligations that alternative fund managers face.
- Advised one of the longest-established hedge managers in Europe on the formation of an Irish Collective Asset-management Vehicle (ICAV) fund, employing a long/short equity strategy.
- For a quantitative and systematic investment manager, advised on the formation and structuring of four new funds throughout 2017.
- Provided advice in relation to the formation of a special-situations fund established as a closed-ended Cayman Islands exempted limited partnership, which was formed for the purpose of investing in illiquid special situations in Europe.
- For one of Europe’s leading alternative asset and investment management companies, advised on the structuring and formation of a feeder fund. Worked alongside Akin Gump colleagues in the corporate finance practice in connection with a loan facility as part of the structure.