- Two and a half decades guiding public and private companies in strategic corporate transactions.
- Advised on more than 100 mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and capital markets transactions.
Rob Shearer brings significant experience in public and private mergers and acquisitions to his work for energy, utility, oilfield services, manufacturing and technology companies. His capital markets practice encompasses debt and equity offerings, including initial public offerings, follow-on offerings and 144A offerings, as well as 1934 Act reporting.
- Advised CenterPoint Energy in its $6 billion acquisition of Vectren Corporation, a power and gas utility operating in Indiana and Ohio.
- Counseled a leading oilfield services company in its acquisition of a proppant mining operation in West Texas from a private equity seller.
- Advised EagleClaw Midstream Ventures LLC, a portfolio company of Blackstone Energy Partners, in its $950 million acquisition of Caprock Midstream Holdings, a portfolio company of Energy Spectrum Capital. Through this acquisition, EagleClaw became the largest privately held midstream operator in the Permian Basin.
- Represented Schlumberger in the $430 million acquisition of Weatherford International’s U.S. pressure pumping and pump-down perforating business.
- Represented the country’s largest retail electricity provider in the $270 million acquisition of a Texas-based retail electricity provider.
Public Service and Affiliations